Pregnancy can change women. Having a small human growing inside us can affect us physically, emotionally, and mentally. During this phase, many of us set aside self care as we adjust to our pregnancy. However, some of us manage to adjust and celebrate this new experience.
In this episode, I talk with my good friend Chambrie about how her pregnancy has changed her. She and I share our woes, unusual cravings, self care practices, and ways to connect with our babies. We also discuss the importance of asking for help from our family and friends.
TOPICS WE DISCUSSED INCLUDE:
- Pregnancy woes (02:00)
- Support from someone going through the same journey (07:30)
- Embrace indulgent self care and help (09:23)
- Give your body what it asks for (12:48)
- Don’t be afraid to ask for and receive help (17:52)
- Sleep (19:16)
- Work with what you’ve got and go with the flow (24:55)
- Support in different ways (27:26)
- Connecting with your baby through meditation and journaling (31:19)
- Struggling to connect is normal (40:11)
- Work and pregnancy (42:07)
Chambrie, is a Registered Nurse, Reiki Master and Guest Lecturer in Mental Health, Emotional Wellbeing & Self Care.
Her passion is a holistic preventative approach to health, where she works to educate and facilitate individuals on understanding their own inner workings of their physical, mental and emotional health. Whilst also guiding her clients to understand the connection that each aspect of health creates with the other.