Self-care is often completely overlooked by those that care for others.
For those that work in high-stress environments, it’s crucial that you consciously take care of your physical, mental and emotional health.
Practising self-care leads to an improved mood, physical health, mental health and better performance. Another benefit is that it also fuels good relationships with others.
One of the best ways we can improve our self-care is to connect more with nature whenever possible.
In this episode, Gerdi Verwoert shares some practical tips on stepping into nature and how doing so contributes immensely to one’s well-being.
TOPICS WE DISCUSSED INCLUDE:
- What is indulgent self-care? (5:14)
- Your core values (6:52)
- Tips on how to connect with nature (9:25)
- How to virtually explore nature (16:17)
- What you can gain by reading books about nature (17:09)
- Finding your “kitchen windows” (22:18)
Gerdi has a unique approach to coaching. She works with her clients to explore the quiet expanse of the mountains to help them re-focus on what life is all about.
RESOURCES SHARED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Cloud appreciation applications – CloudSpotter and Cloud-a-Day
- Johnnie Lawson nature sounds
- Nature documentaries
- The Elephant Queen
- National Parks streaming
- Connect With Nature to Destress