Society today teaches us to disregard or avoid our feelings and emotions. Because of this, our coping mechanism is to sweep these emotions under the rug. We push them down so far that they manifest into stress. Meditation and mindfulness are powerful tools that we can use to avoid overwhelm and burnout.
In this episode, we deep dive into how we can use breathwork, meditation, and mindfulness to manage and reduce stress and avoid burnout. Our breath is something we can always come back to. It is our anchor during stressful times. Being able to go back to your breath and using it as a tool to center yourself is so powerful.
When we are mindful, we are present and aware. By being present, we can show up as better versions of ourselves and for the people around us.
So the next time you feel anxious and stressed, stop and take a breath.
TOPICS WE DISCUSSED INCLUDE:
- Meditation as an extension of mindfulness (4:10)
- It’s all about being present (5:26)
- Stopping the mind chatter (6:40)
- Allowing yourself to have awareness on your thoughts (7:32)
- Our inner critic (8:19)
- Courage during vulnerability (10:30)
- The ego feeds off negativity (10:53)
- Stepping out of your comfort zone through meditation (11:20)
- Relaxing through the fear (11:43)
- See your fear as your fuel (11:53)
- You are the creator of your reality (12:40)
- Positive tension (11:32)
- Counting meditation (26:47)
- Our emotions are the barometer for our health (27:27)
- Compartmentalising our emotions (27:16)
- Listening, experiencing, releasing (29:58)
- Overwhelm as the tipping point to burnout (30:28)
- The 3 brains of protective mechanisms (32:00)
- Re-assessing what’s going on at the moment with you (33:59)
- Breathwork (34:14)