As someone who recruits healthcare professionals, Kay Reynoldson knows nurses give a lot of themselves to their profession. Sometimes, nurses give so much that they burn out.
In this episode I talk with Kay about her self care practice, award winning business, self care issues her clients have discussed with her and her thoughts on how to make nursing a better and more sustainable profession.
TOPICS WE DISCUSSED INCLUDE:
- Comparing life in Australia and the UK (04:20)
- Meditation as a non-negotiable form of self care (09:29)
- The power of meditation as a form of mindfulness (12:58)
- Start small when you integrate meditation into your daily life (15:31)
- The Tony Robbins methods (17:27)
- Limiting beliefs and the unconscious mind (20:43)
- Push yourself in your personal life (21:38)
- Who and what inspire Kay (24:23)
- Common self care issues of healthcare professionals (29:27)
- The “nurse cannibalism” culture (32:34)
- Ways to turn this culture into a positive place (35:44)
- The expectations that put pressure on nurses (41:22)
- Nurses still need to set boundaries (44:13)
- Women can support each other and other colleagues (45:21)
- Indulgent self care can be doing simple things (49:25)
- The goal to reach out to #1millionhappynurses (56:42)
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Unleash the Power Within by Tony Robbins
- The Human Excellence Project by Paul Holliday
- Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
ABOUT KAY REYNOLDSON
After graduating with a BA in Childhood and Youth Psychology in the UK, Kay migrated to Sydney and fell in love with the world of health and wellbeing recruitment. In 2017, she went on to create a brand with a specific purpose: SustainHealth Recruitment.
Her vision is to make a real difference to the health and wellbeing of Australian communities. She is dedicated to building and creating sustainable partnerships that bring SustainHealth’s values to life.