Are you afraid to suck at something?
Why do we put so much pressure and expectation on ourselves?
The truth is, you are not not alone. As individuals, especially as professionals, we like to feel that we are confident, that we know what we know, and that we can handle everything on our own. The problem is, we become afraid to get out of that bubble.
Children are great reminders that it’s okay to suck at something. They get back up when they fall down and try again.
When we place too much expectations on ourselves we rob ourselves of the joy of the present moment.
During this conversation with Michelle Powell we unpack why it’s better to just go out there, have fun, and realise that it’s okay to suck when doing something new.
TOPICS WE DISCUSSED INCLUDE:
- The biggest killer of joy (8:46)
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions (14:25)
- Get out of your comfort zone (16:05)
- Be compassionate with yourself (23:38)
- Don’t get caught up by external pressures (25:44)
- You are a unique individual (30:35)
- Compare yourself to who you were yesterday (31:11)
- Focus on the present (35:13)
- Explore your expectations (36:03)
- Why journaling is important (36:20)
- Go and have fun (40:15)
Click Here to download your free copy of The 10 Foundations of Wellness
THIS EPISODE SPONSORED BY
ABOUT MICHELLE POWELL
Michelle Powell is an internationally recognised Holistic Health Practitioner who specialises in Trauma Recovery.
She has been a wellness professional since 2003, and has trained the rich and famous on the exclusive Hamilton Island.
Michelle is also the author of 3 times Amazon best seller “The Mastery of Wellness”. Michelle takes people from their lowest to being genuinely happy with a strong focus on the totality of wellness.