As a culture, we are often taught to avoid unpleasant emotions at all costs. From the time we are babies, we were taught to shut off these “negative” emotions such as sadness, anger or pain. Because of this, for many, the impulse is to find an escape from those feelings through external vices.
The more we push down, numb, or try to control our emotions, the more overwhelming it can seem to actually feel them.
Being human means being able to experience a full range of emotions. Thus, part of living a full life is feeling all of our emotions, both pleasant and unpleasant. By understanding the connection between mental, physical, and emotional health, we are able to understand our body more deeply and better deal with life’s challenges along the way.
TOPICS WE DISCUSSED INCLUDE:
- The importance of sleep and rest for the body (04:13)
- How self-care equals taking yourself on a date (5:47)
- Inspire yourself to be the best version of yourself for yourself (7:56)
- Nourish your 3 Brains: Head, Heart, Gut (9:36)
- How to listen to your body (11:30)
- Allow your body to experience & accept your emotions (12:49)
- Release techniques for each emotion (15:24)